| Project – Finding New Growth Opportunities
| Solution – Cross Platform Mobile Application
The Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board (BAMB) was established by an Act of Parliament, No. 2 of 1974 mandated to provide a market for locally grown scheduled crops such as cereals, pulses/beans and oilseeds, and ensure that adequate supplies exist for sale to customers at affordable prices.
The Agricultural marketing board’s core business had reached full maturity and was beginning to lead to a decline in profitability. Therefore, they wanted to find ways to leverage their current clientele base to create new revenue opportunities without excessive new investment.
The Xavier Africa team held a series of interviews with several BAMB staff, customers and key stakeholders to figure out how the firm could help create a digital solution that could help drive sustained profitability for the client. The key insights Xavier Africa generated were as below;
- Farmers in remote areas had minimal access to agronomists and farming supplies throughout their production process and thus their probability of success was significantly low.
- BAMB had 2 inhouse agronomists, and a large network of logistics partners across the country.
The team went on to brainstorm several solutions that could be built and figured that we could create a solution that worked out for both parties. The solution was a cross platform mobile application that could serve as a farmers’ companion providing real time machine generated agronomy advisory, share tailored best practices for the farmers’ throughout the production period and monitor supplies with reordering done exclusively with BAMB branded products.
Xavier Africa created a comprehensive solution that allowed BAMB to lock in clients from the time they bought inputs from their stores to the time they sold the final product. This approach allowed them to leverage their core strengths to create additional revenue opportunities whilst creating a substantive competitive advantage and value for their customers.
- Flutter for cross platform mobile application
- Firebase – Database & authentication
- Google Cloud Platform for cloud services
- Tensorflow for machine learning recommender algorithms.
Share on Social Media
More Case Studies
- The Botswana Business School (BAC)| Project – Improving Customer Experience | Solution – Conversational AI Agent (Integrated with WhatsApp, & FAcebook Messenger) with Dynamic Web Application The Customer The Botswana Business school […]
- Government of Botswana| Project – Eliminating Operational Inefficiencies | Solution – Centralized Communications Channel Manager The Customer The republic of Botswana is a country with a total population of 2.5 […]
- Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board| Project – Finding New Growth Opportunities | Solution – Cross Platform Mobile Application The Customer The Botswana Agricultural Marketing Board (BAMB) was established by an Act of […]